Talkonaut 5.0 for Symbian S60 2nd/3rd/5th editions and Windows Mobile 5/6.
12th of February 2009.
We are pleased to announce the fifth release of our Talkonaut mobile IM chat and mVoIP application, now available for Symbian S60 2nd, 3rd and 5th based, as well as Windows Mobile 5/6 based handsets. As usual, a great effort was made to meet users' feedbacks, solving innumerous issues and adding most wanted features. But even greater work was made on improving graphical user interface, completely new graphics and style has been worked out. With this fifth release we introduce the following cool new features:
- Cool and slick graphics with whole new effects and icons.
- A greater support for touch-screen based devices, including Nokia 5800 for finger scrolling and inputs.
- Dynamically loadable, resizable and locally storable avatars.
- Dynamically loadable and locally storable and retrievable chat history.
- Timestamps and text highlitings both in IM chat and conference chat windows.
- Support for SRV domain records while connecting to third-party XMPP servers.
- Chat history files are now available through public folder (\Data\Documents\talkonaut for Symbian S60 3rd/5th).
- Both-ways typing notification fixed.
Note: avatars and chat history features can be easily disabled in Settings to reduce memory usage and traffic consumption.
We hope you enjoy this release while receiving many hours of pleasure chatting and talking to your friends on the Net right from your mobile phone. We would like to thank all the Jabber community and people who helped us with language translations, testing and debugging Talkonaut, especially to all the regulars on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drastically reduced power consumption hence longer battery life and joy.
- Yet more improved voice calls quality and clarity. Latest Speex 1.2rc1 library is used.
- Unavoidable crash on Symbian 9.3 while calling is now fixed.
- Increased speed of contacts rendering on huge rosters hence faster moves between tabs.
Hail Freedom! Hail Jabber!
GTalk2VoIP AKA Talkonaut TEAM.