Since 28th of March 2009 this is a Premium service and is available for as low as $5 per month.
To try and use the voice conference service you have to complete following steps:
Step 1. Subscribe to the service in one of the possible ways:
- 1st Way. Open your GoogleTalk and invite new recipient whose user id is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2nd Way. Go to the main page of this site and submit your user id by pressing "Invite" button, then accept the invitation from email@example.com.
Step 2. Open a chat window to user firstname.lastname@example.org and send a text message containing CONF some_room_name keyword. This will tell GTalk2VoIP gateway to create a new conference room for you.
Step 3. In a second or two you will get an incoming call from email@example.com which you have to accept (or reject if you have suddenly changed your mind).
Step 4. When the incoming call is accepted you will here a beep signal and a message like "You are now the conference master" will appear in the chat window. This means that a new conference room is created for you and you are the room master.
Step 5. Another message like "Conference cookie is: NQ8hkRkyEImlFWU8" is displayed. This message provides you with your room cookie which is randomly generated. Now you can distribute this cookie to your friends whom you would like to invite into your conference room. Only those who know your room cookie can join the room. Send this cookie like an ordinary chat message.
Step 6. When someone receives your cookie he/she can type in the JOIN command to firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected to your conference room. (Example: JOIN NQ8hkRkyEImlFWU8).
Some useful commands availabe to conference room master:
LIST - gives a list of currently connected participants,
INVITE email@example.com - sends an invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org to join your conference room,
DEL mask - removes users from the conf room matching the mask. Mask can contain a part of username or standard regexp.
Please note, that...
- When you close voice connection (press the hang up button in GoogleTalk chat window) your room is getting closed too and all participants are disconnected.
- If you are not a room master (i.e. you used JOIN command to enter conference) you can leave and rejoin the conference until it is closed by its master.
- When someone joins or leaves your room an information message is displayed.
- When you join someone's conference room an information message with current participants is displayed.
Send all your questions and ideas for further service improvements to GTalk2VoIP TEAM. We would certainly like to hear from y
If you've tested and liked our services, please let your friends know about it, send them a voice mail. Thank you.